Wednesday, August 9, 2023

VSCode CJK Encoding Issues: Adding Options Guide

While developing a REST API server using Spring Boot, I encountered difficulties due to garbled Korean characters.

Previously, Korean characters worked smoothly in the Spring Tool Suite (STS), but when I switched to Visual Studio Code (VS Code), the characters became garbled.

Solution to the encoding issue

Suspecting an encoding issue, I searched for various solutions through Google. However, most of the solutions were similar, and other methods did not provide much help for me. After searching all day, I finally found one solution. I discovered this solution from a user (Eric).

Solving through VSCode settings

The key to this solution was to add the '-Dfile.encoding=utf-8' option when running Java. I added this option to the user settings in Visual Studio Code.

After suspecting this issue to be an encoding problem, I searched for various solutions through Google. However, most solutions were similar, and other methods did not provide much help for me. I finally discovered one solution from a user (Eric).

vscode settings

Results verification

After modifying the settings and running the project for testing, the garbled Korean character output issue was immediately resolved, and the characters were displayed correctly. Additionally, this option also provided a fix for the garbled characters in console logs.

This enabled me to resume my project development and share a response strategy for encoding issues with Spring Boot and Visual Studio Code environments.

I hope this post has been helpful to you.


0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment